Who's ready to have a baby? (Hint: It might be you.)
Some women are born with the urge to reproduce; others ease into the idea more gradually. Wherever you fall on the spectrum, here are some indicators that the time has come to throw caution—and birth control—to the wind:
1. Literally everywhere you turn there's a baby. There actually isn't; they're just on your radar. Like, hard.
2. You've kicked yourself for giving your dog your favorite name. It wouldn't be that weird to have a baby and a husky named Sky, would it?
3. You have a secret NURSERY board on Pinterest. And you've been known to lose sleep wondering if rocking horses and cowhide will still be in by the time you get knocked up.
4. You've made the room go silent by casually asking your relatives, "So what do you guys think of circumcision?" Well, you need to know!
5. You can get a lousy night's sleep and still function the next day. Sustain this for four years straight and you're as ready as they come.
6. You stock up on home pregnancy tests even before your period is late. Your rationale: When you're actually pregnant, you may be too tired for a drugstore run!
7. You've grilled your own mom about her labor and delivery experiences. Now you just hope things have improved with twenty-plus years of medical advances.
8. You've checked all of your neighborhood schools' rankings on GreatSchools.org. Searching for local preschools on Yelp isn't far behind.
9. It's all you can do to hide your envy when another friend announces she's pregnant. You're still happy for her... you'd just rather be happy with her.
10. You already know exactly how to tell your parents. Hint: It involves taking them to breakfast, but first stopping at Starbucks and writing 'grandpa' and 'grandma' on their cups.